Saturday, February 25, 2012

Coconut White Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes

Birthday cupcakes for Mom.

























My Mom likes white cake, white frosting with
a sprinkles of coconut. She likes the box stuff.
Seriously, she does!


















This year I tried something new. This recipe from food.com for
the cake. 

























For the frosting I went with a white chocolate
ganache. YUM

Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream to boil.
Shut off the heat and add 12oz white chocolate.
As well as 4 table spoons of butter.
Mix until combined and chill in fridge or
over an ice bath. 
I let the chocolate cool a bit too long and found it hard to pipe.
So, I spread it with a knife, still a bit uncooperative.


















We all liked the frosting very much. I'm sad to say I'm still on the
hunt for the perfect vanilla cake.  ;(
Not to say this wasn't a good recipe..... but, I want one a little
less dense.

























All in all a 7 out of 10. 
Not every recipe we can can be perfect, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment