Monday, August 22, 2011

POPSICLE O'the Week #4 and #5

Remember my pledge to make a popsicle of the week....
Well........ lets just say..... I didn't pledge to blog them.  ;)
I've been a little busy this summer. Well here goes, prepare to be bombarded.

Popsicle #4 Rocky Road

















One box jello instant chocolate pudding mix.
Follow the directions on the box to make the pudding.
Add 1 cup mini marshmallows and 1/2 cup almonds.
I pulsed the almonds in the food processor.
Chopping them with a sharp knife will work well too.
Mix and that's it. I filled 6oz cups about 1/3 full. This gave me
8 good proportions.


















I really liked the texture of these.


Popsicle #5 Carrot Juice

Shhhhhhh, don't tell!
Have you seen this juice at Trader Joe's.
























My kids think it's orange juice.
It's chalk full of goodness.


























Just look at those ingredients......
This juice is good on it's own. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.

For the popsicles......

















I used half the container of juice, about 4 cups.
Added the juice of one lime along with the zest, cutting the
sweetness a little. I also added a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.
The juice would have made a delicious pop on it's own.
I just wanted them to have a different flavor than what my kids are use to.

















I uses  6oz cups and filled them about 2/3 full. This gave me 8 popsicles.
Yummy and refreshing on a hot day.




1 comment:

  1. I am running out to buy all the ingredients for the Rocky Road pops TODAY!

    ReplyDelete