Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th Goodness

Our Fourth was nice but, a little sad.
My husband and other gents from the neighborhood
usually participate in our city parade.This year they
passed....... so sad........ I loved the fact that
these usually serious guys, guys would dress up and
act deranged for the amusement of strangers.
Hum...... maybe they'll be back next year.
So, instead of waking early to do this.........



















(last years parade.... pirates......)

























I woke early to surprise my guys with these..... patriotic pancakes.

















They loved them... super simple and easy.
Trader Joe's mix with a little food coloring and vanilla.
I always manage to sneak in a little ground flax seed
caus I'm sneaky like that!! ;) Don't tell..... please....
AND... the flax seed sort of counter acts the syrup and
whipped cream, right......RIGHT!!
Any way.......


We headed over to a neighbors for a bbq and
chit-chat with friends. All in all a really nice and relaxing day.
Some of my friends have been asking for recipes of the dishes I made.
Sooo, here goes.......

















Israeli couscous with sauteed veggies.
I cook the couscous according to the package directions.
Sauteing the couscous in olive oil and adding chicken stalk
instead of water. Much better flavor......
While the couscous is cooking about 12 minutes
I saute the veggies. Half a red bell pepper, half a yellow
bell pepper, and a half a red onion. Once those are translucent
I add a whole zucchini and yellow squash.
To finish it off I add about a cup of crushed olives and
continue cooking until the veggies are starting to caramelize.

Now for the deliciously bad stuff.

















S'mores cookies......... yum, yum, YUM.......
Got the recipe here. When it's time to add the piece of chocolate
I added a star marshmallow. Other than that I stayed true to to recipe.
Yum, YUM, yum......

Next up was a popcorn mix.
Had to have something to snack on for the big show.

























Not those but, these............

























2 bags of microwave popcorn
3 cups of red, white and blue M&M's
3 cups mini star marshmallow
1 bag of melted white candy melts
some sprinkles, mix let cool and enjoy


















My friend referred to this little popcorn mix as crack.......
It's not illegal but, it is addicting.

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th..........

Kerstie

No comments:

Post a Comment